Deadline: July 23rd 2021
Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) RLC Southern Africa Emerging Leaders Program 2021 – Online Cohort 14
The YALI RLC SA Online program is a 7 weeks long and comprises of lectures, online forum discussions and various activities aimed at making the learning acquired in the program as practical and meaningful as possible. The virtual space provided by the online program offers the flexibility needed by some individuals. One can participate in the comfort of their home, among family.
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. The YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (RLC SA) is hosted by the University of South Africa at the Graduate School of Business Leadership in Midrand, South Africa. The RLC SA aims to create critical thinkers who can solve complex, multidisciplinary problems; foster entrepreneurial and innovative thinking; and encourage cross-border communication and multicultural collaboration.
The RLC SA develops the skills of young African leaders by providing core training in contemporary African issues, as well as specialized training in three key areas: Business and Entrepreneurship; Civic Leadership and Public Management.
Applicants must meet the following criteria
• Age (18-35)
• Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent • Proven experience and track record in Public Management, Business and Entrepreneurship, or Civic Leadership
• Citizenship of: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
• Ability to commit to a seven-weeks online course
• English language proficiency
The program encourages applications from
• Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
• Young leaders with disabilities
• People who are HIV positive or who are living with AIDS
• Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTIQ communities across the region • Other minority groups
• English language proficiency Application for Online Programme Cohort 14 is open until the 23rd of July 2021 (23:59 South Africa Standard Time).
For assistance contact: Lekina Mahloko, Recruitment and Selection Team, YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa Tel: +27 11 652 0317 / 0354; E-mail: [email protected] THERE ARE NO FEES REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR OR PARTICIPATE ON THE PROGRAM