Zambia Teaching Service Commission Teachers Recruitment 2023
The Teaching Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified
candidates to be employed as Teachers during the 2023 Teacher Recruitment exercise.
Candidates must meet the following general requirements:
- Must be a Zambian National
- Must be 18 years and above
- Must be registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia
- Must be ready to work anywhere where their services are required for a minimum
period of four years before applying for a transfer. Kindly note that transfers will
ONLY be considered in exceptional cases.
- Must have completed training and graduated.
- Must attach proof of payment for verification of Grade 12 results with the Examinations Council of Zambia
Applicants who possess Early Childhood Education, Primary School, and Secondary School
qualifications should meet the following specific requirements:
a) EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION TEACHER
2. Must be from an accredited Teacher Training College with a minimum training period
of three (3) years for Diploma and two (2) years for Certificate.
b) PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER
1. Must have a Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate or a General Certificate of Education (GCE) with five (5) Credits or better, including English, Mathematics and a Science Subject.
Must be from an accredited Teacher Training College offering Diploma qualification, with a minimum training period of three (3) years or degree qualification with a minimum training period of four (4) years.
c) SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER
1. Must have a Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate or a General Certificate of
Education (GCE) with five (5) Credits or better, including English Language. A Merit
or better in a Teaching Subject will be an added advantage.
2. Must be from an accredited Teacher Training College or University with a minimum
training period of three (3) years for a Diploma and four (4) years for a Degree.
3 Candidates trained to teach Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Design and Technology,
Business Studies, ICT, Agricultural Science or Zambian Languages will be given
d) APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
NOTE: Persons with disabilities are required to apply directly to the Commission
Secretary at the Teaching Service Commission, Lusaka through Zambia Postal Service
Corporation, at no cost. Ten percent (10%) of the available positions will be allocated to
1. Must have a Grade Twelve School Certificate or General Certificate of Education
(GCE) with four (4) Credits or better, including English Language;
2. Must have obtained their qualifications from an accredited Teacher Training College
or University with a minimum training period of three (3) years for a Diploma and
four (4) years for a Degree;
3. Must be registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia;
4. Must be registered with Zambia Agency for Persons with Disabilities (ZAPD).
How To Apply – Zambia Teaching Service Commission Teachers Recruitment 2023
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications
using the revised STA form 1, attaching the following: Photocopies of: – Grade 12
Certificate, Certified Professional Qualifications, Proof of payment for results verification with ECZ, Teaching Council Registration Certificate, NRC and proof of disability for candidates with disabilities.
The applications should be addressed to the District Education Board Secretary’s Office, at
their preferred District, through EMS at the Zambia Postal Services Corporation.
Other details on application mode can be obtained from the revised STA form 1 which can
be downloaded from Teaching Council of Zambia Website at www.tcz.ac.zm , or the
Ministry of Education Website at www.edu.gov.zm
The EMS service has an online tracking system for applicants to track the application.
Applicants should indicate at the back of the envelope, the full name, NRC, phone number, sex and category applied for and level of qualification.
Applicants will be required to pay a fee of Ten Kwacha (K10) per copy for verification of
school certificate and attach proof of payment to the application. The payment is as
The closing date for receiving applications is 4th October, 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must only apply to one District. Multiple applications
SHALL lead to disqualification.